Pick_Cryptomatte is a tool for extracting Cryptomatte and creating ID masks. It adopts the calculation method of Cryptomatte in Blender 2.8 and it can directly read the data in the loaded exr channel instead of repeatedly reading the exr information and avoid the problem of slowing down the running speed. Pick_Cryptomatte also modified the method to read exr in order to make Cryptomatte run faster and more stable in Fusion. In addition, Pick_Cryptomatte automatically creates masks based on objects, materials, and assets in the scene. Thus, it’s more intuitive, convenient, and faster to create masks. I believe that Pick_Cryptomatte will be a big helper in your work. Hope you’ll enjoy it.
Updated date: Jan. 12, 2020
Support Fusion Studio 16
Fixed the incomplete display of the script interface in Fusion Studio 16.
Windows and Fusion 9.0.2; Fusion Studio 16
- Create masks automatically based on objects, materials, and assets in the scene
- Support motion blur, transparency and depth of field
- Support three display modes, Superimpose, Keying and Mask only, to meet different needs
- Contain 6 scripts as shortcuts to greatly improve the efficiency of picking up masks
- Split Cryptomatte only works in the Loader node for float 32bit currently.
- If Split Cryptomatte does not split channels successfully, please set the channels manually and give us the names of the cryptomatte channels so that we can fix this plug-in and make it work better.
- Fusion reads EXR image on the hard disk in each frame. If multiple Loader nodes are used, the EXR images will be read multiple times. It is recommended to connect multiple PickCrypto nodes from a Loader node that has already loaded the Cryptomatte data channels as the speed will be faster.
- Please switch off multi-threading calculation in preference, otherwise the flicker will appear.
- This Fuse only supports EXR images rendered by Blender.