This is a high-quality three-toed sloth model, including multiple 4K maps, rigging, animation, and fur. The body maps, which are in the UDIM format, and fur maps are made separately to get a more realistic effect. This model is made with Blender at real-world scale and rendered by Cycles renderer.
It consists of 7 objects: Body, 2 eyes, 2 pairs of paws, upper teeth, lower teeth, and a branch of tree.
- Body: vertices 28,774; polygons 28,720
- Eyes: vertices 3,049; polygons 2,976
- Paws: vertices 1,812; polygons 1,728
- Upper teeth: vertices 4,786; polygons 4,608
- Lower teeth: vertices 4,680; polygons 4,528
- Total: vertices: 43,101; polygons: 42,560
There is a Blender project and an OBJ file.
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_BaseColor.1001.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_BaseColor.1002.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_BaseColor.1001.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_BaseColor.1002.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Normal.1001.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Normal.1002.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Roughness.1001.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Roughness.1002.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Specular.1001.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Skin_Specular.1002.png, 4096*4096
- ThreeToedSloth_Eyes_BaseColor.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Eyes_Mask.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Eyes_Normal.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Eyes_SSS.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_Jaw_Mask.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_Neck_Mask01.1001.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_Neck_Mask01.1002.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_Neck_Mask02.1001.png, 1024*1024
- ThreeToedSloth_Hair_Neck_Mask02.1002.png, 1024*1024
With full controllers, postures and animations are easier to create. Features are as follows:
- ROOT_ThreeToedSloth controls the entire character.
- ROOT_gravity controls the center of gravity of the body.
- ROOT_eye controls the rotation of the eyes.
- CTR_eyelid.L and CTR_eyelid.R control blinking eyes.
- CTR_tongue a~g control the rotation of the tongue.
- CTR_chin_a controls the rotation of the jaw.
- ROOT_leg_F.L controls the location of the left forelimb and the rotation of the left front paw.
- ROOT_leg_B.L controls the location of the left hindlimb and the rotation of the left back paw.
- ROOT_spine_B controls the location and rotation of the hip.
- ROLL_tail_a, ROLL_tail_b, and ROLL_tail_c control the rotation of the tail.
- ROLL_spine_a~f control the rotation of the waist.
- ROLL_neck_a~f control the rotation of the neck.
- Facial rigging
- Controllers for each toe
- Leg IK/FK can be switched by the custom attributes of the foot controllers, which is non-seamless.
- Limited stretch control of legs can be switched by the custom attributes of the foot controllers.
- Loopable walking at 30 fps, frame range 1-131
- Unlooped watching at 30 fps frame range 1-181
- Unlooped eating at 30 fps, frame range 1-171
- The model is in meter units at real-world scale.
- The Display button of the fur is disabled.
- To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large amount of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If it is used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
- Decreasing the number of hair children and increasing the thickness of hair.
Hair_ShapeKey_v5.0, a paid hair add-on produced by VFX Grace priced at $35, used to fix the hair intersection while the character is walking. The intersection is fixed, so users can apply the loopable animation directly. If you want this add-on, please send the screenshot of the project to email@example.com. When we receive your email, we will offer you the add-on for free. More information about this add-on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3kxW4Pw7w