This is a high-quality female brown bear model with multiple 4K maps, rigging, animation and fur. The skin maps and feather maps are made separately for some realism. The model is made with Blender and Cycles renderer at real-world scale.
It consists of 5 objects: Body, lacrimal glands, pupils, sclerae, paws.
- Body: vertices 58,310; polygons 58,067;
- Lacrimal glands vertices 1,124; polygons 1,040;
- Pupils: vertices 1,156; polygons 1,216;
- Sclerae: vertices 1,092; polygons 1,152;
- Paws: vertices 9,240; polygons 9,040;
- Total: vertices 70,922, polygons 70,515
There is a Blender project and an OBJ file.
- UrsusArctos_Female_Body_Hair_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Body_ID.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Body_Mask.png, 2048*2048
- UrsusArctos_Female_Body_Normal.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Body_Skin_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Claw_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Claw_Normal.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Eye_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Head_Hair_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Head_ID.png, 2048*2048
- UrsusArctos_Female_Head_Normal.png, 8192*8192
- UrsusArctos_Female_Head_Skin_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Nose_Hair_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Nose_ID.png, 2048*2048
- UrsusArctos_Female_Nose_Normal.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_Nose_Skin_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_OralCavity_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- UrsusArctos_Female_OralCavity_Mask.png, 2048*2048
- UrsusArctos_Female_OralCavity_Normal.png, 4096*4096
With full controllers manually created with the Blender armature system, postures and animations are easier to create. Features are as follows:
- CTR_Root controls the entire model. It comes with customized attributes, which is used to control limited leg stretch and switch between IK/FK chain of legs. The switch is not seamless.
- CTR_SpineRoot controls the center of gravity of the body. It comes with custom attributes, which can switch whether the head, neck, and tail rotates following the body.
- CTR_Head controls the rotation of the head.
- CTR_Neck-CTR_Neck.002 controls the rotation of the neck.
- jaw_master controls the opening and closing of the mouth.
- CTR_M_Spine controls the belly.
- CTR_B_Spine controls the latter spine.
- CTR_Tail.001-CTR_Tail.005 controls the rotation of the tail.
- CTR_LegRoot_IK_F/B.L/R are IK controllers of legs.
- Each toe has a separate controller.
- There is a UI for facial rigging, which is used to animate the eyes, eyebrows, lips and nose for some simple facial expressions.
- And more …
- Loopable walking animation at 30 FPS, frame range 0-324;
- Loopable running animation at 30 FPS, frame range 0-13;
- The model is in meter units at real-world scale.
- To run faster, the Display buttons of the fur are disabled.
- Put the model in the scene to render without any cleaning.
- No lights or cameras.
- Some of the display images are composited.
- To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large amount of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
- Decrease the number of hair children, and increase the thickness of hair.
- Decrease the steps of the Interpolated spine.