This is a high-quality reindeer model with multiple 4K maps, rigging, animation, fur, and sculpting in part, made with Blender and Cycles renderer at real-world scale. The body maps and fur maps are made separately, which can make the characters more realistic. And the body maps are in UDIM format.
It consists of 9 objects: Body, antlers, pupils, tears, sclerae, lacrimal gland, tongue, upper jaw, lower jaw.
- Body: vertices 23,107; polygons 23,054
- Antlers: vertices 4,966; polygons 4,944
- Pupils: vertices 1,410; polygons 1,438
- Sclerae: vertices 1,092; polygons 1,152
- Tears: vertices 540; polygons 520
- Lacrimal glands: vertices 324; polygons 320
- Tongue: vertices 298; polygons 296
- Upper jaw: vertices 2,494; polygons 2,336
- Lower jaw: vertices 4,654; polygons 4,440
- Total: vertices: 38,885; polygons: 38,500
There is a Blender project and an OBJ file.
- ReinDeer_Antlers_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Antlers_Normal.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Antlers_Specular.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Body_Skin_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Eye_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Eye_Normal.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Foot_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Foot_Normal.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Head_Hair_ID.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Head_ID.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Head_Skin_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Male_Body_Hair_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Male_Head_Hair_BaseColor.png, 4096*4096
- ReinDeer_Tongue_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Tongue_Normal.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Tongue_Specular.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Tooth_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Tooth_Normal.png, 2048*2048
- ReinDeer_Tooth_Specular.png, 2048*2048
With full controllers, postures and animations are easier to create.
- There is facial rigging without the UI control panel.
- The head is limited to follow the neck to rotate, the neck and tail are limited to follow the body to rotate. The limit can be switched by the custom attributes of CTR_SpineRoot controller.
- Leg IK/FK can be switched by custom attributes.
- There are no custom attributes to switch the stretch control over the legs.
- All the switches above are not seamless.
There are three loopable animations at 30 FPS: running, trotting, and walking.
- Running: The hair dynamics is baked from the beginning to the 40th frame and the rendering range of the display video is 24-48.
- Trotting: The hair dynamics is baked from the beginning to the 131st frame and the render range of the display video is 21-131.
- Walking: The hair dynamics is baked from the beginning to the 126th frame and the rendering range of the display video is 30-126.
- The model is in meter units at real-world scale.
- The Display button of the fur is disabled.
- Just put the model in the scene to render without cleaning.
- The hair dynamics have been baked. If models need to be moved, please toggle off Hair Dynamics, or else some errors of hairstyle will appear.
- No lights and cameras.
To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large amount of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If it is used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
- Decreasing the number of hair children and increasing the thickness of hair.
- Decreasing the steps of the Interpolated spine.