Details Capture is software for creating textures with professional photometric stereo techniques, capturing high-quality albedo, normal map, and displacement map from multiple images taken from the same angle of view with lights from different angles. And it is capable of capturing subtle details on the surface of objects and is mainly used to scan fabric, leather, leaves, etc. with far greater efficiency, higher quality, and lower cost than photogrammetry.
Windows 10, Windows 7
The simple and intuitive interface allows users to easily master it.
1. View section, used to display imported footages.
2. File loading, used to import light files and footage.
3. Output Setting, used to output the light files, normal maps, albedo maps, height maps.
4.File List used to show the names of the imported footages, and delete footages. Besides, users can add a mask image here. That is not necessary but can reduce the amount of calculation through removing unnecessary areas.
5. Menu Bar
6. Information Bar, showing the working duration.
1.Fix the camera. It’s suggested to Give a polarizer to the camera lens and a linear polarizing film to the light to remove highlights from the subject.
2.Apply a chrome ball for light calibration.
3.Take at least 8 images with the object lightened from different directions. The more images, the better the generated normal and height map will be. It is recommended to apply a color target so that the images can be calibrated correctly.
4.Calibrate the colors of the images with Lightroom or darktable, and then export the images in 16-bit png, or tiff format.
5.Drag and drop the image folder into Capture Details, or click File -> Open Image Folder from the menu bar, or click Open on the right in the section of Image Folder to load the image.
5.6 Click Cancel Sign to cancel the signed mask map.
Note: Please check if the mask map is recognized correctly, or it will be seen as a normal image and the result will be incorrect.
6. Click Open on the bottom right of Lights to load the light information file. If the lights are fixed, all the images taken in the same lighting can apply the same light information file. So, there is no need to apply the chrome ball.
7. Select the items to be outputted, such as light file, normal map, albedo map, and height map.
8. Output a single map, like albedo map, normal map, or height map by Single Output if needed.
The indie license and professional license are both for single user usage. One license can only be installed and activated on one device. Please contact us additionally if you need the team license for multiple devices/users.
The trial period is for half a year. It's for evaluation purposes only, no professional or commercial usage allowed.
1. Please select Help → Manage License in the menu.
2. Please copy the machine code and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We will send you the registration file within 6 hours.
4. Please download the registration file, and again select Help → Manage License → Register in the menu.
5. Insert the registration file to activate it. Please save this registration file for future reactivation.
Any purchasers can enjoy our one-year free update and permanent after-sales service.