This is a high-quality puma model with multiple 4K maps in the UDIM format, rigging, animation, and fur. All made with Blender and Cycles renderer at real-world scale. The body maps and fur maps are made separately to make a more realistic effect.
It consists of 7 objects: Body, pupils, sclerae, lacrimal glands, oral cavity, upper teeth, and lower teeth.
- Body: vertices 24,034; polygons 23,980
- Pupils: vertices 1,124; polygons 1,152
- Sclerae: vertices 964; polygons 1,024
- Lacrimal glands: vertices 1,184; polygons 1,184
- Oral cavity: vertices 9,420; polygons 9,044
- Upper teeth: vertices 1,824; polygons 1,680
- Lower teeth: vertices 1,582; polygons 1,444
- Total: vertices: 40,132 polygons: 39,508
There is a Blender project and an obj file.
P.S. when you export the obj file, you need to remove the body material. Or else errors will occur.
- Puma_Body_BaseColor.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_BaseColor.1002.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_ID.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_Mask.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_Normal.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_Normal.1002.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_Specular.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_Specular.1002.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_SSS.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Body_SSS.1002.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Eye_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- Puma_Hair_BaseColor.1001.png, 4096*4096
- Puma_Hair_Head_Mask.jpg, 2048*2048
- Puma_OralCavity_BaseColor.png, 2048*2048
- Puma_OralCavity_Normal.png, 2048*2048
With complete controllers. Postures and animations are easier to create. Features are as follows,
- There is facial rigging.
- The head is limited to follow the neck to rotate, the neck and the tail are limited to follow the body to rotate, which can be switched by the custom attribute of torso controller.
- Spine IK/FK can be switched by the custom attributes of the torso controller, which is non-seamless.
- Legs IK/FK can be switched by the custom attributes, which is non-seamless.
- Legs limited stretch can be switched by the custom attributes.
- To get better animations, multiple shape keys controlled by drivers are applied to the body model to fix deformation.
- Loopable animation at 30 FPS, frame range 0-13;
- Unlooped walking animation at 30FPS, frame range 0-280;
- The model is in meter units at real-world scale.
- The Display button of the fur is disabled.
- Just put the model in the scene to render without cleaning.
- The hair dynamics have been baked. If models need to be moved, please toggle off Hair Dynamics, or else hair comes out abnormally.
- No light or camera.
To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large amount of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If it is used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
- Decreasing the number of hair children and increasing the thickness of hair.
- Decreasing the steps of the Interpolated spine.